What are your training goals now for 2020?
We're here to help you achieve and exceed your goals! We always said the only person you should be competing or comparing yourself to is the person you were yesterday. This also applies to training, and now more so that ever
Focus on the process not the end goal, ie enjoy your training in the moment, learn from what you're doing, refine and adjust your training to suit your goals, and focus on the journey of what you're doing.
A training goal should be like putting a marker in the sand, that you can see, but is too far away to reach. The training goal is to take you from point A to point B, in the most efficiency and effective way possible. This is of course, by keeping you on track, in the right training zones for the right time of year, whilst not getting injured or overtrained.
Did you know there are 3 ways to improve your fitness?
Improve your aerobic engine
Improve your anaerobic engine
Improve your economy
The first 2 methods will only get you so far, and if you do too much of them you'll end up burnt out, tired, potentially over trained, or injured.
The 3rd method is the best one, as you can always improve your form, technique, movement patterns, and efficiency of movement.
So how do you improve your economy of motion?
Correct your muscle imbalances
Improve your core strength
Improve your technique
Limit un-necessary movements that waste energy
Improve your joint strength and integrity
Reduce your energy cost
Build your bodyweight strength for more stamina
Improve your flexibility
We'll work out where you are right now, where you want to get to, and how to get you there, whilst helping you to become a better athlete. This will include:
Give you weekly and monthly targets
Keeping you focused and accountable
Improve your technique
Learn about sports nutrition
Open water swim skills and drills
Training and racing tactics to perform at your best
What you must improve upon to reach your target
These can be either indoor or outdoor training sessions, including TRX, swim bands, swiss ball, and structured cycling workouts for use on online cycling training platforms.
We'll help keep you training with the right focus and goals and support!
• Build your FTP
• Improve your cycling and running efficiency
• Maintain swim specific strength with swim bands training
• Specific and bespoke training sessions
• Expert guidance and feedback on your training
Using segments on Strava and Garmin connect can be another motivating way to see that you're improving, as can using the Peak Performances tab in Training Peaks to track your progress and improvement over various distances, ranges of pace, distance and power numbers. We can also track your improve in aerobic efficiency using the efficiency factor variable, and look at improving your aerobic decoupling ratios. (Contact us to find out more on these, email and number below)
Best 5km or 5mile, 10km run time pacing and hr (power)
Bike CP1, CP5, CP20, CP60 and same time periods for heart rate
Your best performance is subject to planning and structuring your training sessions.
What you will receive with Personalised Coaching:
Support from Your Own Highly Qualified Coach
• Coaching phone calls to discuss your progress, your plans for the week ahead and training analysis
• Monitoring and evaluation of your training sessions with feedback
• Fast response to any questions you have about your plan via email
Training Sessions and Scheduling
• Bespoke structured daily training sessions, using the Training Peaks online coaching platform
• Periodisation of your weeks training through different phases
• Small manageable goals set along the way
• Training Peaks to track and monitor your sessions and performance
• Regular fitness testing sessions to benchmark your fitness, track improvements and set training zones
• Training and pacing zones analysis and updates, which can be for swimming, or swim/bike/run
• We also do power zones for cycling if you have a power meter
• Accessible & Online Plan
• Mobile access and email reminders of workouts
Data Analysis and review of your training sessions
Chronic Training Load, Acute Training Load, and Training Stress Balance
We offer a 30-minute consultation to discuss your goals and training requirements.
Call Nick on: 07958 635142 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org