Private Swimming Lessons
Private Swimming Lessons for Adults
Speedy Swimming has provided high level quality triathlon and front crawl swim coaching for over 20 years. We’ve coached all levels of triathletes and masters swimmer, plus many beginners. We have a wealth of experience to impart to you and ensure this is done in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Our adult swim coaching is extremely popular, whether you're looking to enhance your freestyle or completly new to front crawl. We'll teach you all the skills and drills specific to your swim level to help you achieve and develop all aspects of your front crawl.
Learn all the skills and technique drills you'll need to swim front crawl with more efficiency, speed and power to help you achieve your training and event / racing goals!
What's Included in our private swimming lessons?
- We offer 1-2-1 private swimming lessons as well as 2-2-1 and 3-2-1 coaching
- Pool based locally in Surrey
- 1 hour sessions
- Technique training bespoke to your skill set
- Stroke analysis
- Swim drills provided afterwards by email
Pool based coaching is available all year round during the week, including day times and some evenings.
Throughout the autumn and winter coaching is available at Chertsey, Aldershot and other pools in and around Surrey.
During the summer months swim lessons are held at Guildford Lido.
There are always lanes in the pool, although wetsuit swimming is only allowed in the following times:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6.30am - 10am and Saturday and Sunday same times.
Tuesday and Thursday evenings 7pm - 8.30pm
These sessions are for all levels of triathletes, masters, and open water swimmers:
Triathletes - sprint to Ironman distance and beyond
Beginners who can swim 25 metres
To those wanting to improve their open water skills and techniques from 750m to 14km swims.
We also do swim video analysis sessions in Chertsey, personalised coaching and swim video analysis clinics.
What to expect:
Each session lasts for one hour and will include a 5 minute warm up and a coach analysis of your front crawl stroke technique above and underwater.
This will be followed by teaching you the skills and drills of front crawl swimming as required and bespoke to your own personal skill set.
For example, this can include:
- learning how to achieve a higher body position
- reduce drag and resistance
- improve your breathing technique
- catching the water better
- improve your rotation and
- becoming more streamlined in the water
- plus up to 80 other front crawl techniques and stroke corrections!
You’ll then receive your personal swim drills after each swim lesson by email for you to practice in between swim lessons.
Benefits of private swimming lessons:
- Learn how to swim more efficiently using our 6 phase swim skills and drills series
- Increase your distance per stroke to push more water behind you
- Enhance your feel for the water improving your catch and pull phases to swim faster
- Learn how to use a high and earlier vertical forearm for greater efficiency
- Understand how to kick effectively from your hips so you’re not wasting energy
- Breathing techniques to help you relax and reduce a feeling of panic in the water
- Better pacing control and awareness from structured swim sessions
- Learn new tips and techniques in each session