Squad Training Sessions Aldershot 50 metre Pool
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Participants will improve their stamina, endurance, speed and technique for front crawl
- Learn new tips and techniques in each session
- Reduce stroke count by up to 10%
- Better pacing control and awareness from structured swim sessions
- Understand interval training and rest periods for maximum results
- Group sessions can really help when it comes to staying motivated to achieve your fitness goals
- The team dynamic will have you truly trying your best, which means you'll get more out of the experience, get fitter faster and reach new Pb’s
- Above all, you'll have great fun!
All sessions are periodised into blocks of 10 weeks according to our annual swim training plan, building structured and progressive sessions so you can see consistent results and improvement. (You can join at any time throughout the course. Please get in touch once the course has started to join though by emailing Nick on email@example.com).
WHAT TO EXPECT
Each session lasts for one hour and will include 5-10 minute warm up, 45-50 minutes of weekly paced interval training, according to your fitness level and 5 minute cool down with stretches.
Each week there will be a different focus on a 4 week rolling cycle. Participants will build and improve cardio vascular fitness, lung capacity and muscular endurance. The group will focus on technique, as well as improve distance per stroke, with drills for the 6 phases of front crawl. This will be followed by interval based sets to improve strength, speed, pacing awareness, lactate tolerance, anaerobic threshold and open water skills.
There will be pacing awareness and control based sets to teach the group how to swim at a variety of different paces. We'll also include some pool based open water skills and technique drills in these sessions.
Your coach will keep a record each week of how you're doing, and the improvements you'll be making, so that you see and can track consistent progress on your technique and splits, and enjoy each session fully!
How do you know if these squad sessions are right for you?
These sessions are for intermediate swimmers who can swim in the speed range of 1:30 minutes to 2:15 minutes pace per 100 metres.
We require you to be able to swim at least 6 x 100 metres continuous front crawl with 20 seconds rest in the above pace range before booking on the course.
Examples of the types of swim sessions and technique drills we will ask you to do include:
- Drills to improve your streamlining and reduce your resistance in the water
- Swimming faster without a loss of technique
- Improving your feel for the water with an enhanced catch and pull phase
- Improved kicking technique
- A higher body position
- Improved stroke rate and rotation
- Achieving a more balanced swim stroke
We also organise regular T paced threshold based swim time trials (optional) so we can benchmark your fitness levels and see how you're improving. We want to know your training/racing goals and personal best times across our set swim distances, so we can help you achieve your goals as effectively as possible!
Our Speedy Swim groups offer a social way to build your fitness and our friendly and intuitive coaching will ensure you feel part of the club.
Places are limited to 12 swimmers per session, to ensure you receive the best possible level of coaching available by our Speedy Swim coach.